Welcome to My Gourden!

Come on in and sit a while. The gourden is always changing so be sure to visit often.



Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Get Away

The weekend at Pere Marquette was wonderful! Pere Marquette State Park in Grafton is a short drive from St Louis but still far enough away to provide the feeling that I am “getting away from it all”. The grounds of the state park are well tended and the Lodge is a wonderful stone and timber piece of a bygone age. My hubby and I stayed in one of the cottages and it was lovely. A large living room with a good sized flat panel TV (my hubby’s idea of heaven) and a fold out couch for additional sleeping room. This joined a small bedroom and bath.

We arrived on Saturday afternoon and spent hours walking through the park. Dinner was the buffet in the Lodge Dinning room. Prim rib ---yummmmm.
Sunday Morning we also enjoyed the dining room at the Lodge –I had the oatmeal and my hubby had the breakfast buffet. Again the food was wonderful but there is always way too much of it!

The show did not go so well- we did not sell anything. I do not think that there were many sales inside the Lodge. The crowd was moving through the room but no one was buying. I hope the booths outside had better sales. I saw that Candy of Raven’s Cache had set up outside with her new white canopy and I hope she had a great day! We got some nice complements but no sales. My hubby had a great time-he loves to people watch!

I hope to have better luck next Saturday April 17th for Artropy at Sqwire’s Annex. I will be spending the day with a great group of St Louis artists! If you are in town this weekend,stop in to say Hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment