Welcome to My Gourden!

Come on in and sit a while. The gourden is always changing so be sure to visit often.



Friday, July 30, 2010

Monarch Restaurant and Jour De Fete

My hubby’s coworkers all got together for dinner last night at the Monarch restaurant in Maplewood. A food tasting is a great way to get to know people and makes for some lively conversation. We got a chance to try out their new Cajun menu items and a bottle of the house wine. The sea food was great and the desserts were wonderful. I think that some of the other items could use a little more spice but that may be because when I think Cajun I think “Spicy”. The service was amazing and the atmosphere was great. They have an Italian Plaster wall in the dining room that is really a wonderful work of art! A great time was had by all.
Now that I have had a chance to socialize and have a great meal it is time to get back to work. My next sale is at the Bid 4 Auction Flea Market on Main Street in Ste Genevieve MO. I will be there during Jour De Fete the 14th and 15th of August. The Jour De Fete is the local festival where the citizens of Ste Genevieve and surround areas can celebrate their heritage. The festivities are always wonderful and the streets of the town are always lined with art and craft vendors. The local fire department usually has a boot where they sell wonderful food and there are other food vendors throughout the town. The area is known for its wineries so there are places to sample and buy a bottle to bring home.
The flea market is inside an old hardware store building on Main Street. I will have the comfort of air conditioning and a roof over my head in case of showers. I will be taking all of my sale items and some work in progress to keep my hands busy between customers! The road to Ste Genevieve runs through some beautiful scenic valleys so you can plan a short road trip and stop by to say “Hi” See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment